The Ultimate Oreo-Cookie-Brownie Recipe: Yields one 9 x 9inch brownie pan.
1 box brownie mix
1/3 cup oil
3 tablespoons water
1 roll pre-made cookie dough in package
20 Oreo Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine brownie mix, water, oil and eggs in a bowl.
- Mix ingredients until the mixture becomes a thick batter. Take half the batter and spread a layer in a greased 9×9 inch pan.
- Take pre-made cookie dough out of package and cut in half. Spread half of top of the brownie batter.
- Take ten Oreo cookies to spread over the layers.
- Take the rest of the pre-made cookie dough and layer it over the Oreos.
- Layer the next 10 Oreos.
- Take the rest of the brownie batter to cover.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Check with a fork; it may need to be put in for another 5-10 minutes.
- Refrigerate if necessary to solidify.
- Store in air tight container and enjoy…these are seriously amazing!
Everything you need to know about Book #2
I have wanted to document my life story since I was in middle school but I didn’t know I would do so, so quickly. I have faced a fair amount of raised eyebrows when I have shared I am writing a memoir in my 20s…but it just feels right and I have been trying to go with that.
In my second book, Mix, Melt, Mend: Owning my Voice and Finding my Freedom, I have once again used baking as a way to inform my storytelling. I have chosen to structure my book in a recipe format: meaning with each step of my selected recipe, you will be guided through that step of my life. I draw comparisons and metaphors based on the ingredients and recipe instructions as they relate to life events.
I feel it is through this book I am most vulnerable. As my therapist says I was “vulnerable before it was trendy” but there has always been a level of safety I have led with—certain things I have avoided in the past, but not here. I knew going into this project, I want to give all of me so I am excited to get to do that, again, it feels right.
I am excited to be taking this time to build out other ways to share the messages in my story with the world. My mind is constantly going, believe me, you will be the first to know once I settle on some more ways to do this. I am thinking collaborations, merch, baking tools, the list goes on!
In the mean time, I will keep moving forward authentically and I hope you do the same! It isn’t easy by any means, but try by taking just one step towards living vulnerably. Believe it or not, that step will take you a lot further than you think! Stay with it!